Following the Januaray 12, 2021 announcement by the Ontario government re: further health measures, we wanted to let you know that veterinary services are still considered essential and Lockerby Animal Hospital will be open and continuing to provide curbside drop off for all appointments and surgeries. There will be no change in regular business hours at this time. Please check our website and social media pages for updates.
Thank you so much to those of you who have already ordered! You rock!
If it’s on your list but you haven’t quite gotten to it yet, we’d be happy to take your order ASAP!
***Please make sure you have enough food and medications for your pet
until at least after the first week of January.***
We’re experiencing long delays in shipping which has resulted in lower quantities of our regular stock. Sometimes, refrigerated items have had to be sent back and reordered. We also want to remind you that we’ll be closed between Christmas and New Year’s and don’t expect shipping to return to normal until the first few weeks of January as every veterinary hospital will be ordering supplies at the same time.
Our webstore is available 24/7 for orders www.myvetstore.ca/lockerbyah
Please remember that all shipping is delayed (even for the webstore) due to high volumes,
especially with the double whammy of holidays and Covid-19.
Stay home. Stay safe. Pet food and supplies delivered right to your door free with orders over $50. This weeks promotion: SAVE 15% ON HIDE & TREAT Turkey & Pumpkin 30 count bags. It’s turkey and pumpkin season, and our pets want to enjoy these holiday flavours too! We know you’re thankful for your pets – show them with HIDE & TREAT Turkey & Pumpkin! Register at www.myvetstore.ca/lockerbyah
Lockerby Animal Hospital in Sudbury, ON is currently looking for a temporary full-time Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join our amazing team! This is a temporary maternity leave replacement position which would begin immediately.
This position requires a high set of technical skills. Qualified candidates should be comfortable with restraining both cats and dogs, placing IV catheters, drawing blood, taking radiographs, getting patient histories and TPR’s, administering medications, giving injections, surgical prep and monitoring, client education and familiarity with Avimark medical software. The applicant will need to be able to lift at least 40 pounds. Because you will be working with pet parents, and not just pets, this position also requires a high level of customer service.
Our practice is proud to offer a warm, safe and welcoming environment that is designed to provide pets with the very best available veterinary care. Are you our next team member? Apply today to find out. To apply, please email a copy of your resume to Sandy Wilkinson [email protected]
Sudbury, ON P3E 5G9
Happy Canada Day to you and your furry friend! We hope you enjoy the holiday and stay safe and healthy with your pet. Dr. Chad Wilkinson and Jessica Gosselin of CTV Northern Ontario talk about potential stressors your pet may have over the holiday and what we can do to keep them feeling great. Things like fireworks, heat, swimming pools, barbecues, food especially corn on the cob and bones can all be fun for us but may pose a hazard to your pet. Watch here for tips on how to have a great Canada Day with your pet. Enjoy!
In order to keep our clients and team safe during the Covid-19 outbreak we will be instituting the following safety measures:
- Clients are to call 705-522-4555 from their car upon arrival for direction on how to proceed.
- Anyone who is exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 or living with someone who is exhibiting symptoms AND/OR has traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days AND/OR is living with someone who has traveled outside Canada in the last 14 days AND/OR is on self-isolation or isolation is asked not to come to the hospital. Instead, if possible, have a person outside your home bring your pet. We will be asking screening questions when we call you for your appointment.
- We will not be allowing members of the public to enter the hospital with the exception of appointments for euthanasia.
- Once we have confirmed your arrival, we’ll come to the car to get your pet to bring them to the exam room. A Registered Veterinary Technician will call you to discuss your concerns about your pet and will relay this to the veterinarian who will then conduct an examination. Once the exam in complete, the veterinarian will call you discuss his or her findings with you and decide upon a plan of action with your consent.
- Any food, medication or product required will be brought out to your car.
- Where possible, we are asking clients to pay over the phone by credit card to reduce contacting surfaces.
- We will deliver all prepaid food and medication to your car. Simply call us when you arrive in the parking lot.
- We are cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! Counter surfaces, door handles, debit machines after each transaction. All of this is in addition to our regular hospital cleaning.
- We are encouraging phone calls and emails to order food and medication. Now is a great time to register for our webstore and have food and pet care products delivered right to your home.
- We can’t thank you enough for your patience, understanding and cooperation during these trying times. We wish everyone good health and that they stay safe.
Last night the Ford government released a list of essential services that would remain open. Veterinary services were considered an essential service so we will be open for business using all of the precautions we have put in place. We hope this provides the same peace of mind to our clients as it does to our team to ensure that your pets are cared for to the best of our ability in these trying times.
We value your pet’s health, your health and the health of our team and at this time are asking that you comply with all precautions such as not coming to the clinic if you or your family are on isolation precautions, if you or any member of your family has traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days or if you are exhibiting any signs of Covid-19. We feel so privileged to be open and are aware that even one case of Covid among our staff would be devastating to our practice’s ability to be open, aside from the obvious health concerns.
Our team would like to take a moment to let you know how much your kind words and support has meant to us. Your words of encouragement have helped to brighten our day and our wish is for everyone to stay safe and healthy.
Your Lockerby Animal Hospital team