Stay home. Stay safe. Pet food and supplies delivered right to your door free with orders over $50. This weeks promotion: SAVE 15% ON HIDE & TREAT Turkey & Pumpkin 30 count bags. It’s turkey and pumpkin season, and our pets want to enjoy these holiday flavours too! We know you’re thankful for your pets – show them with HIDE & TREAT Turkey & Pumpkin! Register at www.myvetstore.ca/lockerbyah
Lockerby Animal Hospital in Sudbury, ON is currently looking for a temporary full-time Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join our amazing team! This is a temporary maternity leave replacement position which would begin immediately.
This position requires a high set of technical skills. Qualified candidates should be comfortable with restraining both cats and dogs, placing IV catheters, drawing blood, taking radiographs, getting patient histories and TPR’s, administering medications, giving injections, surgical prep and monitoring, client education and familiarity with Avimark medical software. The applicant will need to be able to lift at least 40 pounds. Because you will be working with pet parents, and not just pets, this position also requires a high level of customer service.
Our practice is proud to offer a warm, safe and welcoming environment that is designed to provide pets with the very best available veterinary care. Are you our next team member? Apply today to find out. To apply, please email a copy of your resume to Sandy Wilkinson [email protected]
Sudbury, ON P3E 5G9
Happy Canada Day to you and your furry friend! We hope you enjoy the holiday and stay safe and healthy with your pet. Dr. Chad Wilkinson and Jessica Gosselin of CTV Northern Ontario talk about potential stressors your pet may have over the holiday and what we can do to keep them feeling great. Things like fireworks, heat, swimming pools, barbecues, food especially corn on the cob and bones can all be fun for us but may pose a hazard to your pet. Watch here for tips on how to have a great Canada Day with your pet. Enjoy!
In order to keep our clients and team safe during the Covid-19 outbreak we will be instituting the following safety measures:
- Clients are to call 705-522-4555 from their car upon arrival for direction on how to proceed.
- Anyone who is exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 or living with someone who is exhibiting symptoms AND/OR has traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days AND/OR is living with someone who has traveled outside Canada in the last 14 days AND/OR is on self-isolation or isolation is asked not to come to the hospital. Instead, if possible, have a person outside your home bring your pet. We will be asking screening questions when we call you for your appointment.
- We will not be allowing members of the public to enter the hospital with the exception of appointments for euthanasia.
- Once we have confirmed your arrival, we’ll come to the car to get your pet to bring them to the exam room. A Registered Veterinary Technician will call you to discuss your concerns about your pet and will relay this to the veterinarian who will then conduct an examination. Once the exam in complete, the veterinarian will call you discuss his or her findings with you and decide upon a plan of action with your consent.
- Any food, medication or product required will be brought out to your car.
- Where possible, we are asking clients to pay over the phone by credit card to reduce contacting surfaces.
- We will deliver all prepaid food and medication to your car. Simply call us when you arrive in the parking lot.
- We are cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! Counter surfaces, door handles, debit machines after each transaction. All of this is in addition to our regular hospital cleaning.
- We are encouraging phone calls and emails to order food and medication. Now is a great time to register for our webstore and have food and pet care products delivered right to your home.
- We can’t thank you enough for your patience, understanding and cooperation during these trying times. We wish everyone good health and that they stay safe.
Last night the Ford government released a list of essential services that would remain open. Veterinary services were considered an essential service so we will be open for business using all of the precautions we have put in place. We hope this provides the same peace of mind to our clients as it does to our team to ensure that your pets are cared for to the best of our ability in these trying times.
We value your pet’s health, your health and the health of our team and at this time are asking that you comply with all precautions such as not coming to the clinic if you or your family are on isolation precautions, if you or any member of your family has traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days or if you are exhibiting any signs of Covid-19. We feel so privileged to be open and are aware that even one case of Covid among our staff would be devastating to our practice’s ability to be open, aside from the obvious health concerns.
Our team would like to take a moment to let you know how much your kind words and support has meant to us. Your words of encouragement have helped to brighten our day and our wish is for everyone to stay safe and healthy.
Your Lockerby Animal Hospital team
A few very important updates for clients. Please read entire message. We are asking that prior to entering the hospital that you call us from your car in the parking lot and we will give you direction on how to proceed.
For food and medication orders, if at all possible, please call us with a credit card to purchase and we will deliver it to your car upon arrival. Simply call us when you are in the parking lot.
In order to reduce the number of people in hospital at the same time, we are asking that anyone arriving for an appointment, remain in their vehicle, call us when you arrive in the parking lot and we will let you know when we are ready for you.
Because there has been such a large demand for food and medications, our supplier has shut down their facility until Friday and we can not place orders. It is imperative that if you require medications or food that you call 705-522-4555 or email at [email protected] as soon as possible so we can get your name on a list. We will be restricting the amount of food and medication that can be purchased to ensure all clients are able to have access.
Lastly, we are starting to see temperatures above 4C which means it is time to pick up your flea and tick medication. With many people expected to be outside with their pets more while they are home, we feel it’s very important that they are protected. Please call or email to order your medications and follow the procedure above.
Thank you and stay healthy.
Lockerby Animal Hospital is strongly advising that if you are in need of pet food, medications and supplies that you don’t delay in ordering as we are now experiencing delays with our supplier. We have been receiving next day shipments which has increased to shipments potentially taking 3-5 days. Our webstore is accessible at www.myvetstore.ca/lockerbyah
Today we will be closing the office at 5:30pm.
We are currently open but may alter our hours as necessary based on client demand and staffing. We will email you when these changes occur. We will also post on our Facebook page , Instagram page, and our website.
We thank everyone for their vigilance in not booking appointments if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 such as shortness of breath, fever or cough, travel to a high risk area or contact with someone known to have Covid-19 or experiencing the symptoms. We are more than happy to deliver food or medications to your car if you are concerned about coming in to the hospital.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during these difficult times.