Spring is here and while you are doing your spring cleaning, it’s a great opportunity to ensure your pet is safe from poisons in your house. Our website has a great article on how to keep your pet happy and healthy. Click here to view. Poisons in your home come in many forms for pets…they can include medications, food, plants, household cleaners, recreational drugs and many more. If you suspect your pet has ingested poison, call your veterinarian immediately. The ASPCA also has a poison control hotline that is available to call for a fee at 1-800-548-2423 When you call, your veterinarian or the poison control hotline will want to know the following:
1) What substance your pet ate?
2) How long ago did they ingested it?
3) How much did they ingest?
4) How are they feeling now?
5) What is the dosage or ingredient list of the substance? It will be good to have the bottle/container on hand.
If you have any questions, please call 705-522-4555 or email [email protected]